The Technology Governance and Change Team sits within Group IT to provide a central change execution and IT Risk and Governance capability. The team is made up of a number of BAs, PMs, Portfolio and Programme Managers as well as an IT Governance and administrative support function. The portfolio of work covers both large and small change initiatives relating to IT Services, Information Security and Enterprise Services, as well as large, enterprise-wide programmes of change.
- Work with the Project Sponsor to build a robust and measurable business case for each project, clearly demonstrating alignment to our strategic priorities
- Manage the project using the Change Delivery Framework to agreed time, quality and cost
- Ensure that an effective change management plan is in place to maintain consistency of delivery, optimize benefits, and contribute to a healthy change experience for those impacted by the changes brought about by the delivery of the project
- Close projects and transition them into continuous improvement, ensuring that we capture key lessons to improve our change management capability
- Understand and align stakeholder expectations with the project objectives, gaining buy-in and commitment to supporting the project
- Proactively manage risks, issues, actions and decisions and appropriately escalate to sponsors/steerco when required
- Provide direction on deliverables and priorities to the project team, and ensure team members are clear on their individual roles, responsibilities and contributions to the project
- Control and management of project budget, escalating where required any deviations in a timely manner
- Building rapport with stakeholders
- Understanding of project dependencies between programmes/projects
- Strong communication
- Organise, prioritise and plan with high attention to detail
- Proactive team player with a positive approach to work
- Effectively utilise resources for your project
- Continuously assess project outcomes to ensure the project will meet the benefits
- Knowledge sharing with wider change team through the use of Lessons Learned log
- Matrix managing internal resources and 3rd party
- Awareness of commercial management processes
- Follow data and security processes
- Being a change champion
- Strong knowledge and experience of business process improvement and operational efficiency
- Strong project governance, control, and end-to- end software development life cycle (SDLC) experience
- Has a good knowledge of and adheres to change model, processes and governance and contributes to its evolution.
- Strong project management skills, related not only to project controls governing finance, schedule and quality but also to ensure stakeholder buy-in of the project deliverables
- Experienced in delivering medium to large projects in a formal project manager role
- Experience of managing and motivating a team (in a matrix organisation) across internal and external teams including third party suppliers
- Formal Project Management qualification or membership – Association of Project management (Chartered Project Professional)
- Change Management qualifications or membership
- Ability to manage and lead ‘A’ and ‘B’ projects to agreed time, quality and cost
- Ability to create robust and measurable business case for each project clearly demonstrating alignment to strategic priorities
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the Project Sponsor and other stakeholders in order to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business drivers and benefits for each party
- Works with sponsor to ensure a realistic business case is produced in time for stage gates.
- Work with internal IT staff to deliver dependencies outside of the project team including, application integration, infrastructure and security
- Assess impact of change and identify training needs
- Close projects and transition them into continuous improvement ensuring we capture key lessons to improve our change management capability
- Have the ability to influence, communicate, engage and manage internal stakeholders and external suppliers as necessary
- Strong technical and business based communication skills
- Resolves issues independently and seeks out the appropriate support for more complex issues.
- Can effectively manage conflicts and uncertainty.
- An autonomous worker, capable working under pressure, to time, cadence and to moving targets as they are defined
- Confident, decisive, driven and capable of meeting business needs with a structured and methodical approach to issue resolution and delivery
- Strong team player, collaborative, continuously learning, educating and improving oneself
- Ability to develop rapport, adapt style and be flexible in order to build relationships
- Continuous self- improvement and learning Attention to detail and ensuring project activities are appropriately scoped and delivered
A new network admin job.